When choosing the linear guide rail of linear module, we should choose the appropriate size according to the working environment, and choose the appropriate product while ensuring the accuracy. Besides, the correct installation and lubrication protection of the guide rail are also very important.
1. High guiding accuracy: the guiding accuracy refers to the linearity of moving parts along the guide rail and the accuracy of the relative positions between the base surfaces.
2. High enough rigidity: The external force on the moving parts is borne by the guide rail surface, so the guide rail should have high enough rigidity. Therefore, we often increase the width of the guide rail surface to reduce the specific pressure of the guide rail surface, and set up auxiliary guide rails to bear the external load.
3. Smooth and light movement of the guide rail: When the linear guide rail works, it should be light and labor-saving, with uniform speed, and there should be no crawling phenomenon at low speed.
4. The structural manufacturability of the guide rail is good: on the premise of ensuring other requirements of the guide rail, the structure of the guide rail should be simple to facilitate processing, measurement, assembly and adjustment, so as to reduce the cost. The guide rails used by different equipments must be analyzed in detail, and corresponding design requirements should be put forward.
5. Good wear resistance: The wear resistance of the guide rail is to guide the rail to maintain a certain accuracy after long-term use. The guide rail will be worn during use, but the amount of wear should be small, and it can be automatically compensated or easily adjusted after wear.
6. High adaptability to temperature change: the linear guide rail of linear module should still work normally under the condition of changing working temperature.